Will you be at the pool or beach this summer? I will for sure! We are a few months out from summertime fun- that's plenty of time to get yourself ready for the swimsuit of your choice! I will be hosting Challenge Groups over the next few months that I would love for you to be a part of. A Challenge Group consists of working through a Beachbody program of your choice, drinking Shakeology once a day, and keeping accountable through a private Facebook page. Please considering joining in! You can find out more about the Challenge Groups and see when they are announced by connecting with me on Facebook. All you have to follow the link to the right to my Facebook page...click LIKE and get ready to be challenged!!
Viewing entries in
Our good friend Tony Horton is in a new promotional video for Shakeology! This video cracks me up- but, it's so true!! Many people are hesitant about Shakeology because of the price, but when you see everything you get, and what it would cost you to buy those supplements individually, it can't be denied that Shakeology is a steal of a deal! The video shows the price as $129.95- BUT, if you sign up for home direct before April 1st, you can be grand-fathered into the current price of $119.95! It's too good of a deal to pass up. Please contact me today!! (don't miss out on the video below!!)
We are heading into what can be a busy, stressful season for some people. If you haven't done them already, taxes will be due soon- a task that many consider quite an undertaking. Spring Break is in a few weeks. The kids will be home. Some of us may be taking vacations full of activity and travel. Sleep won't be a priority. In the most recent Beachbody newsletter, Denis Faye has a great article on sleep solutions. He is sure to point out that not all of these worked for him, but they can be modified to fit the individual. As you approach this busy- maybe sleepless- season, implement a few of these and see if you can reclaim the night!
1. Make your bedroom and electronics-free zone.
2. Work out at night.
3. "If you are not asleep in ten minutes, get up."
4. Set a routine bedtime.
5. No coffee after a certain hour.
There is nothing more frustrating than committing to a weight loss program and then finding out that you are still gaining weight. Steve Edwards, over at Team Beachbody, has a new article about common weight loss conundrums. Below are three of the five points that I found most interesting and relevant to my fitness. 1. Cortisol. This performance enhancing stress hormone is present in your body for the "survival instinct". When you begin a new workout program, your body believes it is in survival mode until it adjusts to the demands of the program. So, you retain water to help rebuild muscle tissue. Once your body adjusts to the program, it will release less cortisol.
2. Under-eating. Some of Beachbody's programs have a kick-start eating plan in the beginning which asks that you not eat too much until you work yourself back up to a healthy eating plan. You may see weight gain during this time because of...you guessed it, cortisol. It's important that, while working out, you maintain a healthy eating plan so that your body does not think it's in survival mode.
3. The plateau. If you have been doing the same routine or workout for an extended period of time, you will stop seeing results. It's important to push past a plateau by adding resistance, increasing your intensity, or changing your workout program altogether.
Both Robert and I have started The Ultimate Reset in preparation for a big trip this spring. We are only on day 3, but so far so good. Beachbody has a great video up with Ingredient Hunter, Darin Olien. In it he explains what the reset is, why you should take time to do it, and what you can expect from it. I can't wait to see the result we will have!!
The new year is well underway, and I'm sure that many of you, myself included, have made resolutions and goals for 2013. It east to make the resolution, but much harder to stick to it. This month's issue of the Beachbody newsletter has some great tips on how to make your commitment stick.
- Plan ahead. Having a well thought out plan or goal is the best way to be successful. Jumping into something without the proper preparation can be more frustrating and difficult than if you write out your goals and know them before hand.
- Shout it from the rooftops. Tell someone, or a group of people about your goals. Facebook has provided us with a great forum for accountability.
- Strategize. Reaching your goal takes strategy. You have to have small steps in place in order to reach the larger objective.
- Think positive...but not too positive. It's important to admit that failure is possible. Make a Plan B in case you don't reach your original goal.
- Know thy enemy. Don't bank on your self-control. Sometimes you will be more successful by avoiding the temptation entirely.
- Reward yourself. Long term goals take time. It is wise to reward yourself along the way. But make sure that your rewards are in line with what your goal is. If losing weight is the goal, instead of eating a cake after working out all week, buy a new outfit you can't yet fit into. The reward is waiting when you've reached your goal!
- Don't let setbacks derail you. You will mess up at some point. Instead of throwing in the towel for the day, salvage the rest of it and make good choices that get you to your goal from that point on.
I think the most important point of this whole article is accountability. Whether you are trying to lose weight, eat better, get out of debt...whatever your goal- accountability is key. Robert and I would love to help hold you accountable if you need it. Follow these links to our Facebook fitness pages, click LIKE and we can encourage one another in reaching our goals for 2013!
Every year about this time Robert and I go to a nice dinner and write down our goals for the upcoming year. We also look back on the ones we wrote down the year before. We have our own set of goals in categories of Faith, Fitness, Family, Financial, Business, and personal growth(ex..learn Spanish, take a cooking class). This year Robert and I are taking a free online class from my friend and mentor Chalene Johnson. I took this class August 2012, and it was this course that helped take my business from Diamond Rank to 2 Star Diamond while increasing my weekly checks by 45%. That's a nice raise!! This is not for Beachbody Coaches only. It's for anyone who has a goal he/she wants to achieve like new job, lose weight, increase your income, organize your house..whatever it is, join us and do this course. It's free what can you lose right?
Here is the link: 30 Day Challenge
It's so important during this tempting season to continue to remind yourself of ways to stay fit and healthy. When the treats call your name from the break room, or you find yourself at yet another holiday party, remember these tips to stay on track. -Write down what you eat. You are less likely to put a third cookie in your mouth if you have to write it down and be held accountable for it.
-Eat before parties. If you know you will be heading out to a party with lots of treats, eat a healthy meal before hand so you will feel satisfied and less likely to over indulge with sweets.
-Offer to bring a healthy option. There are so many great recipes out there for healthy snacking. You don't have to bring a dessert to a party- opt instead for a healthy dip or veggies.
Most importantly this season, don't stop exercising! It's so easy to use the holidays as an excuse to take a break, but you will find that it will be so much harder to start back up if you stop. Keep pushing and don't give up this holiday season!!!
The holidays present plenty of opportunities to indulge. But, you can still shed the pounds in December. All you have to do is replace one meal a day with Shakeology! You will be shocked to see that you can actually lose weight this way.
(click on the photo to order NOW!)
Shakeology is a daily nutritional shake that helps your body gently eliminate toxins more efficiently while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients you need. A proprietary blend of digestive enzymes and prebiotics helps your body progressively eliminate the toxins that build up over time from eating today's highly processed foods.
At the same time, whole-food ingredients deliver the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body needs to curb cravings, allowing your body to shed stored fat while the more than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke.
So, don't let the holidays be an excuse! Use the month of December to "shake" away the weight!!
Thanksgiving has passed. It's time to continue the work you've been doing on transforming your life- physically and mentally. To get you motivated, here are a few success stories from Beachbody Challenge winners. Let their success be an encouragement to keep going!! Simply click on the photo below to see their amazing pics and read their stories.