Will you be at the pool or beach this summer? I will for sure! We are a few months out from summertime fun- that's plenty of time to get yourself ready for the swimsuit of your choice! I will be hosting Challenge Groups over the next few months that I would love for you to be a part of. A Challenge Group consists of working through a Beachbody program of your choice, drinking Shakeology once a day, and keeping accountable through a private Facebook page. Please considering joining in! You can find out more about the Challenge Groups and see when they are announced by connecting with me on Facebook. All you have to follow the link to the right to my Facebook page...click LIKE and get ready to be challenged!!
Viewing entries in
Our good friend Tony Horton is in a new promotional video for Shakeology! This video cracks me up- but, it's so true!! Many people are hesitant about Shakeology because of the price, but when you see everything you get, and what it would cost you to buy those supplements individually, it can't be denied that Shakeology is a steal of a deal! The video shows the price as $129.95- BUT, if you sign up for home direct before April 1st, you can be grand-fathered into the current price of $119.95! It's too good of a deal to pass up. Please contact me today!! (don't miss out on the video below!!)
We are heading into what can be a busy, stressful season for some people. If you haven't done them already, taxes will be due soon- a task that many consider quite an undertaking. Spring Break is in a few weeks. The kids will be home. Some of us may be taking vacations full of activity and travel. Sleep won't be a priority. In the most recent Beachbody newsletter, Denis Faye has a great article on sleep solutions. He is sure to point out that not all of these worked for him, but they can be modified to fit the individual. As you approach this busy- maybe sleepless- season, implement a few of these and see if you can reclaim the night!
1. Make your bedroom and electronics-free zone.
2. Work out at night.
3. "If you are not asleep in ten minutes, get up."
4. Set a routine bedtime.
5. No coffee after a certain hour.
Both Robert and I have started The Ultimate Reset in preparation for a big trip this spring. We are only on day 3, but so far so good. Beachbody has a great video up with Ingredient Hunter, Darin Olien. In it he explains what the reset is, why you should take time to do it, and what you can expect from it. I can't wait to see the result we will have!!
The new year is well underway, and I'm sure that many of you, myself included, have made resolutions and goals for 2013. It east to make the resolution, but much harder to stick to it. This month's issue of the Beachbody newsletter has some great tips on how to make your commitment stick.
- Plan ahead. Having a well thought out plan or goal is the best way to be successful. Jumping into something without the proper preparation can be more frustrating and difficult than if you write out your goals and know them before hand.
- Shout it from the rooftops. Tell someone, or a group of people about your goals. Facebook has provided us with a great forum for accountability.
- Strategize. Reaching your goal takes strategy. You have to have small steps in place in order to reach the larger objective.
- Think positive...but not too positive. It's important to admit that failure is possible. Make a Plan B in case you don't reach your original goal.
- Know thy enemy. Don't bank on your self-control. Sometimes you will be more successful by avoiding the temptation entirely.
- Reward yourself. Long term goals take time. It is wise to reward yourself along the way. But make sure that your rewards are in line with what your goal is. If losing weight is the goal, instead of eating a cake after working out all week, buy a new outfit you can't yet fit into. The reward is waiting when you've reached your goal!
- Don't let setbacks derail you. You will mess up at some point. Instead of throwing in the towel for the day, salvage the rest of it and make good choices that get you to your goal from that point on.
I think the most important point of this whole article is accountability. Whether you are trying to lose weight, eat better, get out of debt...whatever your goal- accountability is key. Robert and I would love to help hold you accountable if you need it. Follow these links to our Facebook fitness pages, click LIKE and we can encourage one another in reaching our goals for 2013!
Every year about this time Robert and I go to a nice dinner and write down our goals for the upcoming year. We also look back on the ones we wrote down the year before. We have our own set of goals in categories of Faith, Fitness, Family, Financial, Business, and personal growth(ex..learn Spanish, take a cooking class). This year Robert and I are taking a free online class from my friend and mentor Chalene Johnson. I took this class August 2012, and it was this course that helped take my business from Diamond Rank to 2 Star Diamond while increasing my weekly checks by 45%. That's a nice raise!! This is not for Beachbody Coaches only. It's for anyone who has a goal he/she wants to achieve like new job, lose weight, increase your income, organize your house..whatever it is, join us and do this course. It's free what can you lose right?
Here is the link: 30 Day Challenge
1. Do you want to get healthy? 2. Do you want to fit in your skinny jeans? 3. Do you want to look in the mirror and feel GOOD about what you see? 4. Do you want to have energy? 5. Do you want to add years onto your life ? 6. Do you want to set a good example for your children? 7. Do you want to have a more positive attitude? 8. Do you want to build relationships with others going through the same things? 9. Do you want to strength your current relationships? 10. Do you want to have more confidence? 11. Do you want to get your life on track and start a new healthy lifestyle?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, I would love to help you get on the path to acheiving your goal! I have a new Challenge group starting SOON. Please check out my Facebook page for more details, or contact me directly!!
The Beachbody newsletter has some great tips for those of you that have finally received Les Mills COMBAT. This is a program that requires a serious commitment and you will want to prepare your body for the challenge. Make sure you are getting serious sleep. You will need to give your muscles plenty of recovery time, and sleep is the best way to do it!
Eat small meals more frequently. Eating on a regular schedule will help reduce your chances of overindulging and will keep your blood sugar and metabolism at a good level.
I can't wait to hear about your experience with COMBAT. Feel free to click LIKE in the right side bar and leave me a comment about your experience with the program!
The holidays present plenty of opportunities to indulge. But, you can still shed the pounds in December. All you have to do is replace one meal a day with Shakeology! You will be shocked to see that you can actually lose weight this way.
(click on the photo to order NOW!)
Shakeology is a daily nutritional shake that helps your body gently eliminate toxins more efficiently while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients you need. A proprietary blend of digestive enzymes and prebiotics helps your body progressively eliminate the toxins that build up over time from eating today's highly processed foods.
At the same time, whole-food ingredients deliver the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body needs to curb cravings, allowing your body to shed stored fat while the more than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke.
So, don't let the holidays be an excuse! Use the month of December to "shake" away the weight!!